Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Puppy Potty Training.....

We are in the midst of hardcore puppy potty training.....it's not fun.

Our lil guy is somewhere around 2 months old now and we are just about OVER stepping into his little piddle puddles. For us, litter training our boy is going to be our best option. He's tiny and it just suits us.

So thanks to my endless searching (okay so it was more like 30 minuets worth), I came up with a plan of action. He has been quarantined to our bedroom.....which is just special.....where he has everything he'll need.

This plan seemed like a foolproof and perfectly simple one.......till he started his crying.

Think Lady (from Disney's Lady and the Tramp), when she was left to sleep alone in her puppy days. That crying that just breaks your heart. That's what we heard non-stop for an hour, until he wore himself out.

Now I am not one of those strange individuals that believes in self-soothing and all that jazz. When a baby cries in this house, we love on that baby. In this situation however, I am forced to sit by and let my baby cry for me......

This sucks. I hope this doesn't take too long, I don't think I could handle much more.



No comments:

Post a Comment