Monday, April 29, 2013

Not quite so awesome....

Ya know, not every day is going to be a great one. Today is one of those not-so-great days. I just feel icky. It's an emotional kind of icky, which is often times, worse than a physical ick. 

I feel over-extended and unappreciated. Believe it or not, the life of a stay-at-home mom does not consist of garden parties and soap operas. My household is like a well oiled machine that is under constant maintenance in order to keep it running properly. If I look away for a even a few minuets, its possible that all hell will break loose and it can take days to get things back to running smoothly. 

The thing is, I feel like (today, anyway) no one gives a damn about any of that.....but me. I am sure I am not the first mom in the world who has either thought or said outright "lets see how you all manage, without me". The truth is, I am the most important gear in this machine. Not to toot my own horn, but without me, there would be constant chaos. I just wish everyone else (or at least the other "adult" here) would realize that too! 

It's all gravy though. Nothing this giant bowl of cereal in front of me and possibly some chocolate, can't fix. And this too, shall pass.......

No comments:

Post a Comment