Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston, ear infections and the baby squirrel.

First things first. I am trying very hard to avoid any and all news on the bombing in Boston. You may think that makes me detached or uncaring. But the truth is, I am entirely too sensitive at this point in my pregnancy, for anything as devastating as I KNOW the events in Boston are. I have heard the story, I simply am not ready to put any pictures with it. I just don't think I will be able to recover my composure as quickly as my children need me too. My heart goes out the victims and their families. I have lost all understanding of the human race. I have said it before and I'll say it again...... we are screwed. All the good will and going Green in the world, couldn't save us now. Sucks, don't it?

That's all I am going to say about that. 

On to news from the inner sanctum. My lil Monkey and I, took a trip to the E.R. this morning. That was TONS of fun. Turns out, she has an ear infection. This is her first, so as you can imagine, we are havin' a good time. You would think that she was near death, when her Motrin starts to wear off. Should be an interesting night. The best part about all this, is that we just dealt with the Bitty girl and a case of the icky ear, last week. GOOD TIMES!!

SOOOOO.... We signed our Bitty up for Kindergarten today (I wipe away my tears as I write this) and on our way home, we spot a couple of crows in the road. As we get closer, we see that they are pokin' at a baby squirrel. This would have been bad enough, had the baby not moved once the birds flew away from the car. 

Now if you know me, you know that animals are my "thing". I have rescued and/or raised a variety of orphaned/injured/abandoned animals. So upon seeing this baby moving, I yell for my husband to "STOP THE CAR". He decides that this is a PERFECT time to school me on the f'ed up circle of life. So.....he of course, turned around. As we are getting back the scene of the injustice, we see that the crows are back at the baby. I have my seat belt off and my hand on the door handle and GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!?!

One of those FILTHY F'ING CROWS picked up the poor baby and flew up to a roof!!! It took every ounce of inner strength I possess, to not curl up and bawl like a baby or start to cursing like sailor. My two bigger kids were in the car and hadn't seen what was going on. I was furious with the birds. I was angry with my husband for not stopping when I told him too. I was angry with myself for not throwing myself from a moving vehicle to help the baby. So yea, that was horrible. I could have totally gone without that 5 minuets of shit-nissity, That's totally a word...FYI.

Wish I had more uplifting news to share....but this week has sucked and I really need a nap.



Just as I am proofreading this....my girls walk into the living room together. My Bitty has dressed my Monkey up in a tutu and they are dancing around like little ballerinas. Suddenly, as is right in my world once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment