Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The "Reinstated" Bedtime

I remember when I was younger, say 15 or 16, how liberating it was to be free of a "bedtime". Even though I would still end up in bed before 11 pm, the important thing was that I didn't have to. As I got a little older, the freedom of it got more intense. Not only was I allowed to stay up all night, I was allowed to stay OUT all night too!

These days, I find that my mandatory bedtime has been unofficially, reinstated. I'll catch myself thinking "Holy crap, it's 12:39...way past my bedtime". I then scold myself, and giggle as I am reminded that I don't have to, if I don't want to. Granted, I pay for that s**t in the morning.

I am getting old people. I can no longer party all night. I can no longer stay up watching rated R movies all night. I am a chump! But whatever.....at least I am not a sleepy chump!

I have to go to bed now. It's 1:08 am.....WAAAAY past my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment